Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Dream Came True!!



I've always wanted to be an Artist ever since I was a kid. I love to dance, sing, host and act. I can say it was 1 of my frustrations growing up. I became a local artist in Cebu because of Ang TV Cebu. But things seemed to stop there, no big opportunity came for me and that time i really want to be part of the main entertainment industry. I basically lost hope so what I did I just focused myself in school so I can graduate. Which I did. I was working already when out of nowhere an opportunity knocked on my doorsteps. Search for the Star In a Million. Everything came pouring in.

Here is my Article during my Star In a Million Stint.

Search for the Star in A Million


VEEJAY ARAGON “SINGER ON THE MOVE”
19 YRS OLD FROM CEBU CITY

He’s a former Ang TV Cebu talent, and now conquering Manila by storm. That’s Veejay Aragon, a wild card addition to the Champions League of 12. With oozing sexiness and charm, this alternative music addict could surely be Cebu’s next big hit to add to its long roster of Hitmakers.

But even before Veejay got into the league, nobody thought he would seriously audition for Search for the Star in a Million. Although he’s already had a year of television exposure and training in acting in Ang TV Cebu, he was never confident of his singing. He’s always been known more as a dancer, having been an active member of the San Diego Dance Company in Cebu where he mastered different styles in dancing—far from the singing image he now so avidly wants to pursue. Girls just can’t help but go wild whenever he starts to do his moves and tease them with his stance and energy.

Born in the laid back and serene city of Juana Osmena Cebu city, Veejay is a late bloomer in singing. His interest in singing started when he passed the audition in a theater production way back in high school. Though it was just a 3-minute role, his vocal gusto had been awakened. He’s never been confident with his singing, without any formal voice training and with the trauma of subjective and often unkind criticism from family and friends. “Nag-iingay ka lang kapag kumakanta ka,” was a comment he never forgot. He used the emotional trauma to add emotion to his dancing and singing. It was in his 4th year of highschool that he seriously decided to prove all those that didn’t believe in him wrong and pursue what he’s always enjoyed.

His eagerness in joining singing competitions was the same intensity in how he’d study his every dance move when he’d perform. But losing at times made him doubt his chosen craft. As many would say “Baka naman di ka pang kantahan, mas bagay ka sa sayaw.” Applying the principles of dancing to singing, Veejay practiced and practiced until he mastered his piece. Soon enough, he was defying naysayers left and right, turning the “Nyeee’s” to “Ahhh’s”.

Search for the Star in a Million made Veejay’s dream of becoming a singer into reality. From the day Agot Isidro told him that “…Kulang ka sa connect sa audience,” he has never stopped rehearsing in front of the mirror to capture the perfect emotions for the song. No doubt, his perseverance paid off and he made it to the champions league of twelve.

Now that he’s part of a trailblazing competition, he would like to be identified not just for his melodious voice but also for his versatility and upbeat style in singing which is mostly a fusion of pop and alternative, being a bit of a rocker himself. From Ang TV Cebu to your TV screens, Veejay is here to once again to make his mark.


Out of the thousand auditionees I was fortunate enough to reach the top 30 semifinalist. Out of those 30 they will pick 12 Finalist. They devided us in 3 groups with 10 contestants and every elimination they will pick 3. I was part of the 2nd elimination round and sadly only landed 4th in the ranking. I came back for the wild card event and luckily got in the Final 12. It was a dream came true for me eventhough we were still in the contest, Champions League of 12, it felt that I won already. Was able to sing in various ABS-CBN shows like MRS, Star Records Events and most specially ASAP. Got to meet big stars and my Idol Gary V. What a blessing!!!

I didnt win the contest Jerome did
(damn lyrics, lol) but it gave me an opportunity to meet a lot of important people in the industry which landed me into shows, concerts and even a musical play (which is a different story). I also got to record my own single in the Search for the Star in A Million Album. The title of my song was "Be Alone No More" t'was a revival from the original song of Another Level. (Please grab a copy of the Album)





Dreams do come true, I can attest to that. Patience and Hardwork is the key. Keep on Believing.


No comments: